Pumpkin Kefir Oatmeal
Talk about yummy warm comforting oatmeal with a probiotic topping… this fits the bill! Oatmeal is food for your microbes so this is a prebiotic and a probiotic meal. The perfect way to reset your microbiome — in one meal.
Servings: 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and coconut sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, pumpkin, egg, vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir till well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 2 quart baking dish and sprinkle the pecans on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While oatmeal bakes combine kefir, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and honey in a blender and blend for about 20 seconds. let sit covered until oatmeal is done.
- Pour kefir topping over warm oatmeal and enjoy!