Pumpkin Kefir Oatmeal
Talk about yummy warm comforting oatmeal with a probiotic topping… this fits the bill! Oatmeal is food for your microbes so this is a prebiotic and a probiotic meal. The perfect way to reset your microbiome — in one meal.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2¼ cups oatmeal
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 can Coconut Milk – full fat
- 15 ounces Pumpkin Puree
- 2 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup pecans – whole or chopped
- 1 cup Kefir
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and coconut sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, pumpkin, egg, vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir till well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 2 quart baking dish and sprinkle the pecans on top.
- You can leave this overnight in the fridge to soak.
- The next morning take it out of the fridge and place on the counter. Preheat oven to 375° and then bake for 30 minutes.
- While oatmeal bakes combine kefir, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and honey in a blender and blend for about 20 seconds. let sit covered until oatmeal is done.
- Pour kefir topping over warm oatmeal and enjoy!