Pumpkin Kefir Custard
This is a delicious dish that my family loves in the fall. Creamy cultured custard makes for a yummy treat. We often have it for breakfast when it's cold outside and it is the perfect comfort food.
Servings: 6 servings
- ¾ cup Pumpkin Puree – canned or homemade
- 2 eggs – large
- 1½ cups milk
- ¾ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Sucanat
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- ½ cup Whipped Kefir Topping
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg – freshly grated
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, stir together the sucanat, spices, and salt. Sift into the pumpkin mixture.
- Stir the batter until combined well and pour into four ¾-cup custard cups.
- Place the cups in a 9 X 11 inch baking pan and add enough warm water to come halfway up the sides of the cups.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until set and browned lightly. Transfer the custards to a wire rack to cool.
- Allow the custard to cool and then top with Whipped Kefir Topping. Then grate fresh nutmeg over the top.