Persimmons are the sweetest fruit I have ever eaten. They taste like honey and I love it! This is the easiest recipe, only two ingredients! There are two varieties of persimmons commonly available Fuyu and Hachiya. Before you buy a persimmon, it's important to know which type you're considering, because that will affect how and when to prepare it. Fuyu is the orangey short persimmon with a rounded bottom. It can be eaten when firm or soft. The Hachiya persimmon is different and has an elongated, heart-like shape. It should only be eaten when very ripe; the Hachiya is so astringent it can make your mouth dry to the point of numbness and believe me I have experienced this. Try this recipe and see if you don't fall in love with this fruit but get the Fuyu persimmon.
- 1-2 Fuyu Persimmons – * see note
- ¼ cup Probiotic Creme Frachie
- Place your whole persimmons in the freezer for about 4- 8 hours. They can stay frozen for many months and this preserves them.
- Remove from the counter and let thaw for about 20- 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with Creme Frachie and spoon out the sweet, custard-like frozen fruit.