You can add one or all of the optional ingredients. You can also make it with just water and miso paste which I do all the time! Miso is very versatile and so easy to add to many different types of soups. This is my fast and easy recipe and one I use often. I always take my soup off the heat for a few minutes and then add the miso slurry to preserve the probiotics.
Servings: 1 serving
- 1½ cups Water spring or filtered with minerals
- 1 tablespoon Miso Paste – you can use red, white, or brown miso
These are all optional ingredients you can add
- 1 tablespoon Green Onion
- ¼ cup Tofu – cubed
- ½ sheet Nori – (dried seaweed)
- 2-3 Shrimp
- ¼ cup Spinach
- ¼ cup Carrots – shredded
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Bring your water to a boil. Then add your choice of optional ingredients to the water. Let it sit while you make the miso slurry.
- In a small bowl, mix the miso paste with 1 to 2 tablespoons of slightly warm water to make a slurry.
- Once the soup has been off the heat for a few minutes add the miso slurry and stir.
If you add green onions and veggies to your miso soup you are adding a prebiotic (which is food for bacteria). This makes the good bacteria inside you grow and multiply like crazy.