Lemon-Lime Kefir Soda!
I came up with this recipe out of necessity. With an over abundance of fruit trees in my new backyard , I had to think of ways to use them. The presence of white grape juice in this recipe provides the sugar content needed for the cultures to consume and make probiotics! It doesn’t hinder the citrus flavor and helps provide the fizz!
Lemon Lime Kefir Soda
- Add your lemon and limes and add to a 32 oz bottle. (Make sure you use bottles such as Grolsch or Bormioli thick glass bottles. Bottles bought at craft stores can explode.)
- Add the Milk Kefir Starter (CFH) packet OR kefir whey to the bottle.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water leaving an inch of room at the top.
- You can pour in a glass and enjoy or store in the fridge! Consume within 1-2 weeks for the best flavor and most benefit.
- You can use 1/4 of this finished kefir soda as a starter to make a new bottle. Add the other ingredients and ferment again. It should only take a 1/2 to a full day to ferment. It ferments faster and you can make many bottles over and over again!
Note: Always use bottles made for brewing.