Kimchi Lentil Soup
This soup has lots of prebiotics and probiotics which will be a feast for the microbes that call you home. It's comforting, yummy, and packed with nutrients that your body can use to make you into a new you! Remember you are what you eat and soup can be probiotic too! Probiotic soup for the soul.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 large onion - diced
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 1/2 tsp ginger grated - you can substitute ginger powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 15 ounce Coconut Milk - canned
- 14 ounces tomatoes - canned and diced
- 2 cups vegetable - or chicken stock
- 1-1/2 cups green lentils
- 1/2 cup spinach - chopped
- 3/4 cup kimchi
- In a large soup pot, saute the onion and garlic until lightly brown.
- Add the curry, ginger, red peppers, coconut milk, tomatoes, broth and lentils. Stir until well combined.
- Bring to a simmer and cover and cooked until lentils are tender, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in chopped spinach and remove from heat.
- Serve in bowls and check with a thermometer till soup is at 115 degrees and then top with spoonfuls of kimchi and serve immediately.