Kefir Christmas Soda
This is my Christmas flavored kefir soda that's super bubbly. The fruit adds extra food for the culture, which gives you extra probiotics too. This bottle can be used as a starter for many more bottles. See instructions below. Watch my video on this soda and see it explode! This soda uses a kefir starter powder packet (CFH) which you can use over and over again.
Watch How to Make It
Servings: 32 ounces
- Add juice mixture, orange and lemon peel, and cinnamon stick into a thick 32-ounce bottle with a clamp-down lid, a funnel can be helpful. (Make sure you use bottles such as Grolsch or Bormioli thick glass bottles. Bottles bought at craft stores can explode.)
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water leaving an inch of room at the top.
- Allow it to ferment for 2-5 days or until bubbly and fizzy. If your home is 75°F or warmer it will take usually 3-4 days. Colder homes can take a week or longer but you'll need to check it by popping the top and see if it's getting fizzy. It will start to bubble out the top if it does.
- When it's done, place it in the fridge right away. You can pour in a glass and enjoy right away but keep it stored in the fridge or it will explode. Consume within 1-2 weeks for the best flavor and most benefit.
- You can use ⅓ cup of this finished kefir soda as a starter to make a new bottle. Add the other ingredients and ferment again. It should only take a 1/2 to a full day to ferment. It ferments faster and you can make many bottles over and over again!