Kefir Christmas Soda
This is my Christmas-flavored kefir soda that's super bubbly. The fruit adds extra food for the culture, which gives you extra probiotics too. This bottle can be used as a starter for many more bottles. See instructions below. Watch my video on this soda and see it explode! This soda uses a Kefir Soda Starter Package which you can use over and over again.
Watch How to Make It
Servings: 32 ounces
- 1 packet Kefir Soda Starter – or ¼ cup Kefir Whey
- 2 cups apple cider – or cranberry/raspberry juice
- 1 long orange peel strip
- 1 long lemon peel strip
- 1 long apple peel strip
- 1 cinnamon stick
- water – lightly filtered or spring
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Add the Kefir Soda Starter packet OR kefir whey to your juice and stir till dissolved.
- Add juice mixture, cinnamon stick, orange peel, lemon peel, and apple peel into a thick 32-ounce bottle with a clamp-down lid (a funnel can be helpful). (Make sure you use bottles such as Grolsch or Bormioli thick glass bottles. Bottles bought at craft stores can explode.)
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water leaving an inch of room at the top.
- Allow it to ferment for 3-5 days or until bubbly and fizzy. If your home is 75°F or warmer, it will take usually 3-4 days. Colder homes can take 5 days to a week or longer but you'll need to check it by popping the top to see if it's getting fizzy. It will start to bubble out the top if it does.
- When it's done, place it in the fridge right away. You can pour into a glass and enjoy right away but keep it stored in the fridge or it will explode. Consume within 1-2 weeks for the best flavor and most benefit.
- You can use ⅓ cup of this finished kefir soda as a starter to make a new bottle. Add the other ingredients and ferment again. It should only take a half to a full day to ferment. It will continue to ferment faster and you can make many bottles over and over again!