Kefir Christmas Soda
Watch How to Make It
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Add juice mixture, cinnamon stick, orange peel, lemon peel, and apple peel into a thick 32-ounce bottle with a clamp-down lid (a funnel can be helpful). (Make sure you use bottles such as Grolsch or Bormioli thick glass bottles. Bottles bought at craft stores can explode.)
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water leaving an inch of room at the top.
- Allow it to ferment for 3-5 days or until bubbly and fizzy. If your home is 75°F or warmer, it will take usually 3-4 days. Colder homes can take 5 days to a week or longer, but you'll need to check it by popping the top to see if it's getting fizzy. It will start to bubble out the top if it does.
- When it's done, place it in the fridge right away. You can pour into a glass and enjoy right away, but keep it stored in the fridge or it will explode. Consume within 1-2 weeks for the best flavor and most benefit.
- You can use ⅓ cup of this finished kefir soda as a starter to make a new bottle. Add the other ingredients and ferment again. It should only take a half to a full day to ferment. It will continue to ferment faster and you can make many bottles over and over again!