Kefir Christmas Soda
This is my Christmas flavored kefir soda that’s super bubbly. The fruit adds extra food for the culture, which gives you extra probiotics too. This bottle can be used as a starter for many more bottles. See instructions below. Watch my video on this soda and see it explode! This soda uses a kefir starter powder package which you can use over and over again.
Watch How to Make It
Servings: 32 ounces
- Add juice, orange and lemon peel and cinnamon stick, into a thick 32 ounce bottle with a clamp down lid. (Make sure you use bottles such as Grolsch or Bormioli thick glass bottles. Bottles bought at craft stores can explode.)
- Add the Milk Kefir Starter (CFH) packet OR kefir whey to the bottle.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water leaving a an inch of room at the top.
- Allow to ferment 2-5 days. Until bubbly and fizzy.(Warmer homes will take less time).
- You can pour in a glass and enjoy or store in the fridge! Consume within 1-2 weeks for the best flavor and most benefit.
- You can use 1/4 of this finished kefir soda as a starter to make a new bottle. Add the other ingredients and ferment again. It should only take a 1/2 to a full day to ferment. It ferments faster and you can make many bottles over and over again!