Jasmine Pearl Tea Kombucha
Jasmine pearls create a lovely floral flavor with your brew. We like it so much we rarely second ferment it!
- Bring 12 cups of water to a boil.
- Add sugar and dissolve.
- Turn off heat and let brew for at least 5-10 minutes. The longer you brew, the stronger the flavor.
- Strain your tea, if necessary, into your brewing vessel. Let cool.
- Once completely cool, add your kombucha starter liquid and SCOBY.
- Cover with a thin cloth or a towel and rubber band to secure.
- Let brew from 6-14 days. Houses warmer than 70 degrees will take less time than cooler houses.
- When your kombucha is to your taste, you can drink right away or store in bottles* in the fridge.
- Reserve 1 cup of starter liquid to use on your next brew.
* If storing in bottles, make sure you use thick glass bottle made for brewing. Note: You can reuse your jasmine pearls to make another batch of kombucha right away. Your second brew will just be lighter in hue.