Happy New Year Kefir Soda!
This is awesome for Christmas or New Years! The flavors are spiced and just perfect for the winter months!
- 2 cups cranberry peach juice - I purchased this at whole foods
- 1 bag Mulling spices or 1 tsp of Mulling spices sealed in a tea bag. - I purchased this at whole foods but have also seen it at my regular grocery store by the apple cider.
- 1 packet Milk Kefir Starter (CFH) - Or 1/4 cup Kefir Whey
- Water - Lightly filtered water or spring
- Add your juice to a 32 oz bottle. (Make sure you use bottles such as Grolsch or Bormioli thick glass bottles. Bottles bought at craft stores can explode.)
- Add the Milk Kefir Starter (CFH) packet OR kefir whey to the bottle.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water leaving 2 inches of room at the top.
- Add the mulling spice tea bag last and it will float at the top so you can remove it when you are done fermenting. Be careful pulling the tea bag out. It can rip and tear open.
- Allow to ferment 2-5 days. Until bubbly and fizzy.(Warmer homes will take less time).
- You can pour in a glass and enjoy or store in the fridge! Consume within 1-2 weeks for the best flavor and most benefit.
- You can use 1 cup of this finished kefir soda as a starter to make a new bottle. Add the other ingredients and ferment again. It should only take a 1/2 to a full day to ferment. It ferments faster and you can make many bottles over and over again!