Happy New Year Kefir Soda
This is awesome for Christmas or New Years celebrations! The flavors are spiced the cranberry peach juice and just perfect for the winter months Dip the rim of the glass in water and some sprinkles for a special festive touch!
- 2 cups cranberry peach juice – I purchased this at Whole foods
- 1 bag mulling spices or 1 teaspoon of mulling spices sealed in a tea bag. – I purchased this at Whole Foods but have also seen it at my regular grocery store close to the apple cider.
- 1 packet Milk Kefir Starter (CFH) – Or 1/4 cup Kefir Whey
- Water – Lightly filtered water or spring
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Add your juice to a 32-ounce bottle – a funnel helps. (Make sure you use bottles such as Grolsch or Bormioli thick glass bottles. Bottles bought at craft stores can explode.)
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water leaving 2 inches of room at the top. Add the mulling spice tea bag last and it will float at the top so you can remove it when you are done fermenting. Be careful pulling the tea bag out. It can rip and tear open.
- Allow it to ferment for 2-5 days or until bubbly and fizzy. If your home is 75°F or warmer, it will take usually 3-4 days. Colder homes can take a week or longer, but you'll need to check it by popping the top to see if it's getting fizzy. It will start to bubble out the top if it does.
- When it's done, place it in the fridge right away. You can pour into a glass and enjoy right away but keep it stored in the fridge or it will explode. Consume within 1-2 weeks for the best flavor and most benefit.
- You can use ⅓ cup of this finished kefir soda as a starter to make a new bottle. Add the other ingredients and ferment again. It should only take a half to a full day to ferment. It ferments faster and you can make many bottles over and over again!