Grape Ginger Kefir Soda
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Add your grape juice and ginger to a 32-ounce bottle. Using a funnel makes it easier. (Make sure you use thick glass bottles such as Grolsch. Bottles bought at craft stores can explode.)
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water leaving an inch of room at the top.
- Allow it to ferment for 3-7 days or until bubbly and fizzy. If your home is 75°F or warmer it will usually take 3-4 days. Colder homes can take 5 days or longer, but you'll need to check it by popping the top and see if it's getting fizzy. It will start to bubble out the top if it does.
- When it's done, you can pour in a glass and enjoy right away or place it in the fridge. Keep it stored in the fridge or it will continue to ferment and get overly fizzy and hard to pour. Burp daily & consume within 1-2 weeks for the best flavor and most benefit.
- You can use ½ cup of this finished kefir soda as a starter to make a new bottle. Add the other ingredients and ferment again. It should only take a half to a full day to ferment. It ferments faster on subsequent batches and you can make many bottles over and over again!
- I love to add frozen grapes to my glass before serving. It's optional but delicious and keeps it cold longer.