Fermented Garlic and Honey
- Organic garlic
- Organic Honey – or local honey
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Peel garlic cloves and place in a mason jar. You can use any size jar depending on how much you want to make. Fill the jar with garlic 3/4 of the way to the top.
- Pour honey over the garlic until it just covers the garlic. Mix the honey into the garlic until it covers it. The honey will get thinner over time. Cover with a secure lid.
- Place in a cool dark place and turn or shake daily to make sure garlic is coated with the honey. This will help prevent the growth of Kahm yeast. Kahm yeast is harmless but can make the garlic taste "off."
- Let it ferment for 2 weeks, then it will be ready to eat!
- You can leave it for up to a year on your counter or in a cabinet. The garlic will change color and lose some of its spiciness. It will actually have a wonderful flavor that can taste like candy!