Faux Coffee Kombucha
This is a great alternative for those who don’t drink coffee. It tastes similar to coffee and is quite delicious. This may brew faster depending on the temperature in your home.
- Bring 12 cups of water to a boil.
- Add sugar and dissolve.
- Add Teeccino in a tea bag, or loose, to water and sugar mixture.
- Turn off heat and let brew for at least 10 minutes. The longer you brew, the stronger the flavor.
- Strain your tea, if necessary, into your brewing vessel. Let cool.
- Once completely cool, add your kombucha starter liquid and SCOBY.
- Cover with a thin cloth or a towel and rubber band to secure.
- Let brew from 6-14 days. Houses warmer than 70 degrees will take less time than cooler houses.
- When your kombucha is to your taste, you can drink right away or store in bottles* in the fridge.
- Reserve 1 cup of starter liquid to use on your next brew.
* If storing in bottles, make sure you use thick glass bottle made for brewing.