Coconut Kefir Soda
- 1 packet Kefir Soda Starter – or ½ cup from a previous bottle
- 2 cups Coconut Water – fresh or store-bought with 20 carbs per 8 ounces. See description for more info.
- 2 cups Water spring or filtered with minerals – lightly filtered or spring
- 2 teaspoons sugar – (optional – only add if your coconut water has 11 carbs or less per 8 ounces of coconut water)
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Add the Kefir Soda Starter packet to your coconut water and stir till dissolved.
- Add your coconut water and starter to a 32-ounce bottle. Using a funnel makes it easier. (Make sure you use thick glass bottles such as Grolsch. Bottles bought at craft stores can explode.)
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water leaving an inch of room at the top.
- Allow it to ferment for 3-5 days or until bubbly and fizzy. If your home is 75°F or warmer, it will usually take 3-4 days. Colder homes can take 5 days or longer, but you'll need to check it by popping the top and see if it's getting fizzy. It will start to bubble out the top if it does.
- When it's done, you can pour in a glass and enjoy right away or place it in the fridge. Keep it stored in the fridge or it will continue to ferment and get overly fizzy and hard to pour. Burp daily & consume within 1-2 weeks for the best flavor and most benefit.
Re-Culturing From Your First Bottle
- You can use ½ cup of this finished kefir soda as a starter to make a new bottle. Add 1¾ cups coconut water and 1¾ water to a 32 ounce bottle and ferment again. It should only take half to a full day to ferment. Check it often as it ferments faster!