Cherry Limeade Kefir Soda
Cherries they are powerful medicine and yet no one ever talks about how incredible they are for you. Cherries are rich in antioxidants and work to eliminate by-products of oxidative stress, which slows down the aging process. They also have the antioxidant melatonin, which helps regulate the body’s sleep patterns, making you more rested. All this in the little cherry! Add lots of fresh cherries to your glass for a pretty presentation and extra flavor. You can also tweak this recipe and make this into a delicious limeade. See instructions at the bottom of the recipe.
Servings: 32 ounces
- Wisk honey with your lime and cherry juice in a bowl.
- Add your juice/honey to a 32 oz bottle. (Make sure you use bottles such as Grolsch or Bormioli thick glass bottles. Bottles bought at craft stores can explode.)
- Add the Milk Kefir Starter (CFH) packet OR kefir whey to the bottle.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water leaving an inch of room at the top.
- Allow to ferment 2-5 days. Until bubbly and fizzy.(Warmer homes will take less time).
- You can pour in a glass and enjoy or store in the fridge! Consume within 1-2 weeks for the best flavor and most benefit.
- You can use 1 cup of this finished kefir soda as a starter to make a new bottle. Add the other ingredients and ferment again. It should only take a 1/2 to a full day to ferment. It ferments faster and you can make many bottles over and over again!