Cherry Limeade Kefir Soda
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Whisk honey with your lime and cherry juice in a bowl.
- Add your juice and honey to a 32ounce bottle. A funnel helps. (Make sure you use bottles such as Grolsch or Bormioli thick glass bottles. Bottles bought at craft stores can explode.)
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water leaving an inch of room at the top.
- Allow it to ferment for 2-5 days or until bubbly and fizzy. If your home is 75°F or warmer it will take usually 3-4 days. Colder homes can take a week or longer but you'll need to check it by popping the top and see if it's getting fizzy. It will start to bubble out the top if it does.
- When it's done, place it in the fridge right away. You can pour in a glass and enjoy right away but keep it stored in the fridge or it will explode. Consume within 1-2 weeks for the best flavor and most benefit.
- You can use ⅓ cup of this finished kefir soda as a starter to make a new bottle. Add the other ingredients and ferment again. It should only take a half to a full day to ferment. As you continue fermenting, It ferments faster and you can make many bottles over and over again!