Cherry Limeade Kefir Soda
Cherries – they are powerful medicine and yet no one ever talks about how incredible they are for you. Cherries are rich in antioxidants and work to eliminate by-products of oxidative stress, which slows down the aging process. They also have the antioxidant melatonin, which helps regulate the body’s sleep patterns, making you more rested. All this in the little cherry! Add lots of fresh cherries to your glass for a pretty presentation and extra flavor. You can also tweak this recipe and make this into a delicious limeade. See instructions at the bottom of the recipe.
Servings: 32 ounces
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Whisk honey with your lime and cherry juice in a bowl.
- Add your juice and honey to a 32ounce bottle. A funnel helps. (Make sure you use bottles such as Grolsch or Bormioli thick glass bottles. Bottles bought at craft stores can explode.)
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water leaving an inch of room at the top.
- Allow it to ferment for 2-5 days or until bubbly and fizzy. If your home is 75°F or warmer it will take usually 3-4 days. Colder homes can take a week or longer but you'll need to check it by popping the top and see if it's getting fizzy. It will start to bubble out the top if it does.
- When it's done, place it in the fridge right away. You can pour in a glass and enjoy right away but keep it stored in the fridge or it will explode. Consume within 1-2 weeks for the best flavor and most benefit.
- You can use ⅓ cup of this finished kefir soda as a starter to make a new bottle. Add the other ingredients and ferment again. It should only take a half to a full day to ferment. As you continue fermenting, It ferments faster and you can make many bottles over and over again!