Balsamic Pear Kefir Soda
This is a super fizzy soda! You'll love the unique taste of pears and all the extra bubbles. You can use either Balsamic vinegar or my personal favorite balsamic glaze for this recipe! If you love pears you've gotta try this one.
Servings: 32 ounces
- 1 packet Kefir Soda Starter – or ¼ cup Kefir Whey
- 2 cups Pear juice – Store bought
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze – or vinegar
- Water – lightly filtered or spring
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Add the Kefir Soda Starter packet OR kefir whey to your juice and stir till dissolved.
- Add your pear juice mixture and balsamic glaze to a 32-ounce bottle. Using a funnel helps. (Make sure you use bottles such as Grolsch or Bormioli thick glass bottles. Bottles bought at craft stores can explode.)
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water leaving an inch of room at the top.
- Allow it to ferment for 3-5 days or until bubbly and fizzy. If your home is 75°F or warmer it will take usually 3-4 days. Colder homes can take 5 days or longer but you'll need to check it by popping the top and see if it's getting fizzy. It will start to bubble out the top if it does.
- When it's done, place it in the fridge right away. You can pour in a glass and enjoy right away but keep it stored in the fridge or it will explode. Consume within 1-2 weeks for the best flavor and most benefit.
- You can use ⅓ cup of this finished kefir soda as a starter to make a new bottle. Add the other ingredients and ferment again. It should only take a halfto a full day to ferment. It ferments faster and you can make many bottles over and over again!