Apple Ginger Kefir Soda
Apples are rich in quercetin, a flavonoid with anti-inflammatory properties. In a study done in Crete, the study researchers found that people whose diets incorporated apples as a staple had greater protection against both allergies and asthma. This is a delicious and easy soda to make combining apples and ginger. Ginger has huge anti-inflammatory properties that can be of great help with a myriad of problems! You can make this soda in a couple of days and your kids will love it!
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Juice your ginger using either a garlic press or a juicer.
- Add ginger and apple juice to a 32-ounce bottle. (Make sure you use bottles such as Grolsch or Bormioli thick glass bottles. Bottles bought at craft stores can explode.)
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water leaving an inch of room at the top.
- Allow it to ferment for 2-5 days or until bubbly and fizzy. If your home is 75°F or warmer it will take usually 3-4 days. Colder homes can take a week or longer, but you'll need to check it by popping the top to see if it's getting fizzy. It will start to bubble out the top if it does.
- When it's done, place it in the fridge right away. You can pour into a glass and enjoy right away but keep it stored in the fridge or it will explode. Consume within 1-2 weeks for the best flavor and most benefit.
- You can use ⅓ cup of this finished kefir soda as a starter to make a new bottle. Add the other ingredients and ferment again. It should only take a half to a full day to ferment. As you continue using the finished kefir soda as a starter, it ferments faster and you can make many bottles over and over again!