Kefir Waldorf Salad
This is a great dish for the holidays. But you can eat this at anytime. It works great packed in a jar for lunch or a snack. Apples and kefir work so well together.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup Walnuts - chopped, or substitute with chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup Kefir
- 1/8 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons kombucha mayonnaise
- 3 large apple - such as Gala
- 2 ribs celery - sliced into 1/2-inch-thick pieces (leaves chopped), with leaves
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup goji berries - * optional but nutritious
- 1 head boston lettuce - trimmed, washed, and dried
- Whisk the kefir, mayonnaise,and pomegranate juice in a small bowl.
- Halve, core, and cut the apples into 3/4-inch pieces, leaving the skin intact. Add the apples, celery and raisins to the bowl, and then toss with the dressing. Cover and refrigerate if not serving immediately.
- When ready to serve, toss walnuts into the salad. Arrange the lettuce leaves on a large platter, or divide them among 4 salad plates. Place the salad on the lettuce and serve