Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
This is a favorite summertime salad made with cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onions that are abundant in the summertime. The taste is so light and fresh that I can eat gallons of this salad. I have had this salad many, many times made with vinegar but it was never fermented. So I took it upon myself to fermentize it and fill it with probiotics. My brother-in-law has coined this word - fermentize - and he made me laugh when he asked if I can fermentize every known food under the sun. Here are a bunch of reasons to make this salad and not the least of them is that it's cultured, or fermentized, and loaded with enzymes and probiotics to make these special vegetables even more powerful.
Here are just a few of the things tomatoes can do for you
- Tomatoes beautify the skin and may even prevent sunburn
- Tomatoes shrink stroke risk by over 50 percent
- Lycopene in tomatoes may protect against 9 types of cancer
- Tomatoes may trim risk for Parkinson’s disease
These are just a few compound helpers in cucumbers
- Cucumbers are full of ionic potassium, magnesium, and vitamin C which give it a powerful alkalizing effect within the body.
- Cucumbers are great for stabilizing blood pressure and stimulating the body’s natural detoxification process.
- Cucumbers also contain the triterpene phytonutrients cucurbitacins A, B, C, D, and E. These phytonutrients have been the major focus of some extensive research looking deeply into their abilities to inhibit cancer cell signaling pathways.
- Diabetic Friendly - Research displays that cucumbers contain a hormone that the pancreatic cells need for producing insulin.
Red onions have powerful properties
- Allicin in onions fights regenerative diseases and fungi.
- Anthocyanins: A type of phytochemical which is anti-inflammatory and strengthens eyesight and the nervous system. Anthocyanins have also been linked to improving memory and the prevention of aging.
- Red onions are high in vitamin C that protects cells from oxidative damage, supports collagen formation in wound healing, and promotes a healthy immune system.
- Onion is full of flavonoids, particularly quercetin. Flavonoids are natural chemicals that prevent the deposit of fatty material in blood vessels. Quercetin is a powerful antioxidant that is believed to help reduce heart disease and protect against many forms of cancer. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.