Do you believe that healing requires a miracle, or do you believe that our trillions of cells govern themselves and create the bodies that we have? So how does the eye know how to focus or the muscle know how much energy it will need during your walk today? These are the unseen workings of the world of cells that reside within. I believe in miracles and I believe in healing, things unseen and not fully understood, things that require faith in something unseen. I teach classes and talk with people who seem to coincidentally show up in my life. People who have deep desires to be well, or in most cases that their children be well. They are often so unsure of what will work after trying many things: supplements, medicines, and a million other things. They seem to be running out of options; as they become more desperate, as a last resort they’re trying what seems to be so simple – changing what they eat. It was just as miraculous to me when I first tried it. The funny thing is that these wondrous foods have been around since time began, not changing and remaining the same. Waiting to be discovered, to bring life and health to all who will try them. I have gone from hoping, to believing, to knowing that something so simple could be so real. Cultured foods came to me when I needed them most. They are alive and brimming with the very thing that your body contains by the trillions: bacteria. Don’t you think that if there are trillions of bacteria in our body, that it might make sense to pay attention to them? Maybe even to try to enhance their job, with perhaps some of the right kinds of food and beneficial bacteria that would help them to grow and thrive?
We take so much for granted when it comes to these bodies. They do more in a minute than we could possibly ever understand.
Here is what I have noticed and learned and continue to observe about the different strains of beneficial bacteria that I eat every day.
Milk Kefir: The first cultured food I tried.
- Lowered my blood pressure.
- Helped me normalize my blood sugar, driving my diabetes away.
- Made my premature infant thrive.
- Reduced inflammation in all my joints.
- Made my skin look beautiful.
- Made me regular.
- Got rid of acid reflux.
- Made me love my life again.
Cultured Vegetables: Take any vegetable and transform it.
- Rid my daughter and me of candida.
- Helps me digest protein.
- Fixed the pain in my daughter’s gut.
- Helped me recover from food poisoning within an hour.
- Helped with adrenal stress
- Reduced and helped fix my seasonal allergies.
- Will fix or deter any kind of flu bug.
- They are in my arsenal for any kind of sickness. They feel more like a wise old friend than a food.
Kombucha: Tart and slightly sweet while being the most delicious bubbly drink on the planet.
- Helped my husband’s cataracts.
- Rid me of Peri-menopause symptoms.
- Cleansed my liver.
- Rid me of food addictions.
- Gave my daughter such wellness that the list could take all day.
- Makes me feel better in 20 minutes.
- Helps my seasonal allergies and adrenal stress.
- Detoxes my soul.
These are my stories, but I hear so many others from the people who come to my classes. Stories of people being restored and allergies that are no more, children thriving and problems that once were so prevalent vanishing.
I used to think my body had betrayed me with sickness and disease. Instead, my body was trying to get my attention, guiding me, and longing to work in harmony with me if I would but listen.
Disease is the warning, and therefore the friend not the enemy – of mankind. ~Dr. George S. Weger
These foods are more than just foods; they are living microbes that have more power than you could possibly understand.
I believe in miracles and I believe that they live inside you and me.