Airlock Lid for Gallon Jars
Free Shipping over $35!*
These airlock fermentor is a great way to culture your veggies. You don’t need airlocks to ferment – but it is my favorite way to ferment veggies because they taste better.
The lid is 110mm in diameter and fits most gallon jars.
Fermenting with an airlocks helps with several things.
- Better tasting veggies.
- Less chance of the Kahm yeast that can develop and make your veggies taste bad.
- Release pressure/ gas naturally and allows veggies to ferment and stay crisper.
What you will receive with your order.
- Plastic BPA Free, lids, one that is specially fitted with an airlock and rubber grommet that fit my gallon fermenter, and will fit most standard sun tea jars.
You will also receive the following items:
- 1 solid lid (of the same size) that you can use to seal your jars When the fermenting on the counter is done, use these lid to store your veggies in the fridge.
- One laminated recipe card with a cultured veggie recipe to make 2 quarts of cultured veggies.
- Instructions on how to use your airlock lid.
Please note that this does not include a glass jar. You can purchase my Gallon Jar with Airlock from my store of you want both the jar and airlock lid as a set.
Instructions for using your airlock lids.
- Before you begin, wash your lids and airlocks in hot soapy water and dry them.
- Prepare your vegetables and place in your canning jars, fill with the appropriate amount of water and culture.
- Remove the clear plastic cap from the top of the airlock. Fill the airlock with water about halfway up the plastic tube.
- Place the cap back on the airlock once you filled it with water and place the airlock in the grommet on the airlock lid, pushing down till the airlock is securely in the grommet.
- Screw the lid on the jar and tighten the lid firmly to prevent air from entering the jar.
- When the vegetables are done fermenting, remove the airlock lid & airlock, replace it with the solid lid, and place the jar in the fridge.
|Dimensions||8 × 1 × 6 in|