Kefir Waldorf Salad
This is a great dish for the holidays. But you can eat this at anytime. It works great packed in a jar for lunch or a snack. Apples and kefir work so well together.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup Walnuts chopped, or substitute with chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup Kefir
- 1/8 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons kombucha mayonnaise
- 3 large apple such as Gala
- 2 ribs celery sliced into 1/2-inch-thick pieces (leaves chopped), with leaves
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup goji berries * optional but nutritious
- 1 head boston lettuce trimmed, washed, and dried
Whisk the kefir, mayonnaise,and pomegranate juice in a small bowl.
Halve, core, and cut the apples into 3/4-inch pieces, leaving the skin intact. Add the apples, celery and raisins to the bowl, and then toss with the dressing. Cover and refrigerate if not serving immediately.
When ready to serve, toss walnuts into the salad. Arrange the lettuce leaves on a large platter, or divide them among 4 salad plates. Place the salad on the lettuce and serve