Kimchi Lentil Soup
This soup has lots of prebiotics and probiotics which will be a feast for the microbes that call you home. It's comforting, yummy, and packed with nutrients that your body can use to make you into a new you! Remember, you are what you eat and soup can be probiotic too! Probiotic soup for the soul.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated you can substitute ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 15 ounces coconut milk canned
- 14 ounces tomatoes canned and diced
- 2 cups vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 1½ cups green lentils
- ½ cup spinach chopped
- ¾ cup kimchi
In a large soup pot, saute the onion and garlic until lightly brown.
Add the curry, ginger, red peppers, coconut milk, tomatoes, broth and lentils. Stir until well combined.
Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until lentils are tender, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Stir in chopped spinach and remove from heat.
Serve in bowls and check with a thermometer till soup is at 115 degrees Fahrenheit and then top with spoonfuls of kimchi. Serve immediately.