Kefir Cheese Making Strainer Brand: Alpha Health Products
Alpha Health Products Brand -Digestion-Friendly Bacteria. * Make kefir as instructed, but let the freshly produced kefir remain at room temperature for approximately 48 hours, or until the curds (milk protein) have separated from the whey.
* Place the Alpha Health Cheese Strainer over a bowl and ladle the curds into the strainer. The strainer will catch the curds or “cheese” and the whey will go into the bowl. Cover with a tea towel and let it sit for 12 hours. Place the strainer on saucer and refrigerate for a few more hours. Remove the cheese from the strainer and store in a covered container. Keeps fresh up to 8 days.
* This cheese, known as quark, is excellent for making sweet deserts. Quark, when tossed into salads. It is also delicious flavored (e.g. chopped onions, garlic, sea salt, fresh herbs) and served with an assortment of vegetables.
* Once the kefir is placed into the refrigerator and cooled, the fermentation process is inhibited. You cannot then bring it back out to room temperature to turn your kefir into cheese.
In Europe, whey is sold as a delicious beverage. Try sweetening it with honey, fresh lemon or lime juice, or a non-alcoholic flavoring.
* Refrigerate starter culture packets until ready to use.
* Once kefir is made it will last approximately 1 week in the fridge.
* Add some whipping cream to your milk to get delicious creamy kefir.
* Kefir can be made from any type of milk, cow, goat, sheep, coconut, rice or Soy.(You need a separate culture for each type of milk)