Standing in my garden the other day and contemplating the fact that I needed to weed. I desperately didn’t want not go out into the hot sun and pull weeds. I discovered that just as my cucumbers came back each year in my garden with out me personally planting seeds. I also had a melon plant that was doing the same thing. I saw these beautiful round green cantaloupes forming and knowing that they would soon be lining my kitchen counters, I was pumped. So as I knelt to check my plants, an idea popped into my head. Kefir cantaloupe!! I ran from my garden to write down my idea so I wouldn’t lose it realizing that there was no time to weed. Inspiration always overwrites weeding.
So here is my creation. I had it for breakfast this morning. The center is creamy kefir and fruit and with the icy cantaloupe it is a great summer treat!
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 tsp unsweetened gelatin or 3 pck unsweetened gelatin
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 banana
- ½ cup kefir
- 3 pcks stevia or honey to taste
- Place gelatin in boiling water in stir till dissolved about 5 minutes.
- Place gelatin in blender and add frozen fruit this will cool down the mixture so it won’t kill the kefir probiotics. Blend for about 30 seconds.
- Add banana blend again for 10 seconds.
- Then add kefir and stevia and blend till smooth.
- Cut cantaloupe in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out seeds and pour kefir mixture into center. Place in refrigerator for a couple of hours till chilled.
- Cut into wedges and serve.