I eat a lot of fermented garlic. My favorite is fermented garlic flowers from Wise Choice Market. They are
sweet tasting and one of my favorite fermented foods. Yesterday I wound up eating a half a jar. I could not leave it alone. I actually had to restrict myself because I could make a meal out of these. They are really really good.
Fermented garlic cloves are different and you don’t want to eat them straight out of the jar but they’re still really tasty when you place them in dishes.
This is my daughter Maci’s creation. She makes a ton of this and my son DJ eats a lot and begs for more. When you ferment garlic it is to die for.
- 20 garlic cloves peeled
- ½ teaspoons of salt
- water to fill to within 2″ of top of the jar.
- ¼ Caldwell Culture Package or 2 Tbsp kefir whey
- Place garlic cloves in small glass jar.
- Add water salt and culture package or kefir whey. Filling water to within 2′ of top of jar.
- Let sit 3-4 days until jar is fizzy and bubbly!!
- Store in fridge.
- 16 ounces of garbanzo beans (preferably sprouted)
- 3 cloves of fermented garlic
- ¼ Tsp sea salt
- 6 TBS. olive oil
- 4 TBS lemon juice
- 2-3 TBS raw tahini
- For more flavor and a bit of spice add : (optional)
- 1 Tsp cumin
- 1 Tsp hot curry
- 1 Tsp red pepper flakes (Or Aleppo Pepper)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Puree all the ingredients except the tahini paste and salt until well mixed.
- Add the tahini and salt mix by hand until the mixture is smooth (add more olive oil if necessary).